Just before 3:00 pm on Saturday, March 2nd Sioux City Fire Rescue responded to 3511 Transit Avenue for reports of a structure fire.
Subscribe Now or Become a Patreon to support Siouxland Scanner.
Upon arrival, crews found flames and heavy smoke coming from the structure. 18 firefighters spend hours fighting the blaze that ultimately destroyed the home and all its' contents and has been retagged by the city. A neighboring home also received minor heat damage from the flames.
The fire was determined to be accidental and electrical in nature and started in a 2nd-floor bedroom.
Sioux City Fire Rescue reminds everyone to check their smoke alarms and replace batteries twice a year. Occupants of homes should have a plan before a fire breaks out and know what ways to escape a structure should normal exits be blocked.
Sioux City Fire Rescue offers free Safe Home inspections and will install up to two free smoke alarms. For more information contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at 712-279-6377
|119006818||03/02 14:46||FIRE||3500 Block of TRANSIT AV|